Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Greenwood or Hollywood?

There has been alot of excitement around our little town over the past few weeks. Dreamworks is filming the movie The Help in Greenwood. If you haven't read the book, it is a great book - I would highly recommend it. And, lucky for me, the house across the street from my parents is being used as the character Hilly's house. So, even though I can't get out to see much of what's going on, I have had a front row seat for all of the action lately. I have gotten to see several celebrities coming in and out and have had so much fun seeing all of the special effects. Over the past few days, it has been fascinating to watch them simulate a lightning storm. Not a bad way to spend time off of my feet. :-)



My front-row seat

Mimi and Mary Laine by the period car that is parked in her drive

I have been so star-struck by most of the celebrities as they have come and gone that I have forgotten to get my camera out. I finally caught Sissy Spacek as she was walking out of the house for a break.

2 comments:

The Hensons said...

this bedrest thing is doing wonders for your blog!! :)

Lee and Hyde Carby said...

love it. wish i was with you. what a great way to spend your time!!