Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Getting Back to Our Roots

In early July, Mom, Mary Laine and I made a trip to Thomastown, MS to visit my Great- Aunt Ada and Uncle George (Ada is my maternal grandmother's younger sister). Both of my maternal grandparents grew up in Thomastown and lived there until after they my Aunt Susan was born. It is always fun seeing the places that they lived and visited. I remember my grandmother's stories of how she would watch "Billy" when they were growing up and thinking about how cute he was. Since my grandparents passed away a few years ago, it is always so great to visit with other family members. And not only did we get a great visit in, but Aunt Ada also cooked lunch for us. If there is one thing that she and my grandmother have been known for, it is their cooking! Yum yum! This was the first time that I'd been able to make it to Thomastown since Mary Laine was born. Hopefully we'll make it back with our son soon after he's here.

No comments: