Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Two Months

It's hard to believe that Langdon has already been with us for two months. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that we were in Jackson wondering how much longer we would have to wait, and in some ways it's hard to remember life without him. He has really started to smile for us alot, and he is also cooing - trying to carry on conversations with us. Other than staring at us, his favorite thing to do is bat at his toys on his playgym.

After about a week or so of waking up every 3 hours for milk, I finally had to let him cry it out last night. It was awful - but we both made it. They say that it takes 3-5 days to get them into a new pattern, so I'm really hoping that we're closer to the 3-day mark. I'll let you know how it goes.

I had a little photo session with Langdon today. Yes, he spit up on his outfit just before I started snapping the pictures - don't judge. If this was your baby and you only owned one smocked Christmas outfit, you'd have done it too. Also, I had to include the second picture of him giving me a big smile, even though it's not at a great angle. I tried to get him to smile again once I zoomed in, but of course he wouldn't cooperate. And then as soon as I put the camera down, he was all smiles. But even his serious face melts my heart! :-)