Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby Update

Thank you all so much for your texts, emails, notes, calls, and mostly for your prayers!! We are at home now and doing much better. After a very long weekend in the hospital with terbutaline shots and 16 hours on a magnesium sulfate drip, we went into the doctor's office for our regular checkup on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I was still having contractions, so they got me set up with home health to monitor and medicate. I am on strict bedrest, but have the contractions under control!! I will be 27 weeks on Friday and am thankful for everyday that this little girls stays put. I have heard so many encouraging stories from people who have started having problems at this point in their pregnancy and gone on to have healthy, full-term babies. Some even went past their due date and had to be induced! I am so thankful to my mom and Gary who have been here pretty much around the clock to make sure that I stay put and get everything that I need.

Please continue to pray for "Baby Veritas", that she will grow to term and that we will do everything that we can to make sure that that happens. We know that God has a plan for this baby girl and we have faith that this is all a part of it. Also pray for Gary as he has a full load taking care of me right now. He is so patient and such a great caregiver - I'm so thankful for him!

We will keep you posted on our progress. I also have some pictures that I will post soon.

3 comments:

The O'Brien Family said...

Praying....I will call soon...I have been texting Gary. I hope you get some good needed rest right now!!! I am bringing supper next week. Love ya and miss ya.

Stephanie said...

So glad to hear you're home!! I have been stalking your blog wanting so badly to know what was going on but didn't want to bother you guys! I spread the word to the old covenant group crew and we've been praying!!! Keep us updated - I would come take care of you but I don't think adding two rambunctious little boys would help much. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are home! Keep us updated on what is going on and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you! We continue to pray for you and your sweet baby girl. She is just getting a little too anxious to meet her parents!!!

Sarah Nell and Clifton