Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

28 Weeks!

We are so grateful to have made it another week. We had a great doctor's appointment on Monday. I haven't progressed at all (which is a very good thing) and the baby looked very healthy. They told us that she is 2 lbs, 8 ozs. We will go back for another checkup on Monday, and I am looking forward to another outing.

I cannot say enough good things about the home health care that I have received. The medicine that I am now on has been doing a fabulous job of stopping the contractions and they are so concerned and helpful. When they first hooked me up to my monitor, I had 15 contractions in an hour (the threshold that they do not want to see me go over is 3 in an hour). They started my medication and within a couple of hours, I was down to only 1 contraction! And "they" are in New Orleans and Philadelphia. They are able to monitor me and adjust my meds via the computer and phone. Modern technology is so amazing!

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Please pray that the contractions would stay at a minimum and for another good appointment on Monday.

7 comments:

The Downings said...

That is wonderful news. I am so glad that everyone is still doing well and that "they" are taking such good care of you!

blog said...

Yay for you!!! I am thinking about you constantly! Please call if I can do anything. I need your cell number. Email it to me. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been checking in on you and praying for you all! You know that we're just around the corner if you need anything!

Jennifer Galey Marshall

Rachael Tackett said...

Katheryn,
I am a friend of Laura's. Dr. Meck is my doctor and I have also been in preterm labor since 28 weeks on been on bedrest since then. With her help I am now almost 36 weeks. Hang in there! By the way...isn't that mag the worst stuff ever!
Rachael Tackett

blog said...

Just wanted to stop by and tell you that we are thinking about you!

HotMommy said...

Awesome news! We'll keep praying!

The O'Brien Family said...

Keep growing baby V!