Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Baby Veritas is a bit Anxious

For those of you who haven't heard, Kathryn and I have been spending the last couple of days in the River Oaks Hospital in Jackson, MS.  Our little girl (who at this point is being called Baby Veritas, coined by our Sunday School Class) is a bit anxious to meet the real world and is sending Kathryn into contractions.  Considering we are only 26 weeks along in the pregnancy, it is not quite time to have a baby.

We want to express our thanks for all of the prayers, calls, txts, and emails showing your love and concern for us.  Please keep Kathryn in your thoughts and prayers.  The doctors have attempted to stop the contractions using tributylene, and that wasn't stopping the contractions, so we have moved on to a Magnesium Sulfate drip through her IV.   We will try to update the blog as information changes.  Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

~Gary, Kathryn, and Baby Veritas

7 comments:

HoltonFamily said...

Our prayers are with you guys and your little one. Hopefully, she will realize its much warmer where she is and decide to stay put! God Bless you!

Sara said...

I will keep yall in my prayers.

The Downings said...

My prayers are with you guys. She just can't wait to come out and meet her wonderful parents, but those doctors and our good Lord will keep her safe until it's time for her to get here. Take care and I'll be praying.

blog said...

I wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Gary will you post and let us know if Kathryn wants visitors and an email address that you are checking that is the best way to send good thoughts your way. I am in Jackson Friday-Monday and would love to see you if you are up for visitors but I know most days I did not want to see anyone. I have watched so many 26 weekers go home happy healthy babies. I know that will not be the case but I want you to know that however it works out it will all be okay. If you need me for anything please let me know. I am still living my journey and would love to help in any way I can even if it is just to talk. I love you, Claire

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathryn and Gary! Just wanted you to know that you and your baby girl are in our thoughts and prayers. I had no idea until today that Kathryn was in the hospital. Take care and stay strong.
Love,
Sarah Nell and Clifton

HotMommy said...

We have totally been there....our daughter was born 31 weeks one day at 2 lbs 14 oz. You'd never know looking at her today the dramatic entrance she made. So scary, but God's got you in His hands, no doubt. Let me know if we can tell you anything about our delivery/NICU experience. We're praying for you guys and that precious blessing!

blog said...

Just checking in on you. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.