Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Funny, Feelings, Family and Fame


Funny
When Langdon was sick a few days ago, Mimi and Papa invited Mary Laine over to spend the day with them. They were eating lunch and Mary Laine started bossily telling everybody what their rolls were going to be in her little play. (This is a very regular occurence these days). She said that she was Dora, Mimi was boots, and Papa was a monkey. Papa then said, "If I'm a monkey, then I'm gonna jump on the bed." Mary Laine proceeded to say, "3 little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and.... Oh little playmate, come out and play with me." She then looked at her Mimi and Papa and said, "This music is broken. It needs new batteries!" She continues to find new ways to get us to laugh.




Feelings
The next morning, Mary Laine was sitting in the family room watching TV. After Langdon finished his breakfast, I put him down in the family room to play while I cleaned up. He immediately went after one of Mary Laine's new toys. Mary Laine looked right at him and shouted, "LANGDON!" I stood there ready to break up a fight over the toy that she hadn't even noticed until her brother grabbed it, but then she caught me completely off-guard. She continued, "Langdon, I've missed you!!" and went to give him a hug. I love the bond that those two share.


Family
It has been years since we've gotten to spend alot of time with Aunt Su-Su. Since she's gone to college, she doesn't come home for long, and when she does, she usually divides her time between family and friends. Imagine our delight when we found out that we will get to spend nearly a month with her! Mary Laine had so much fun playing with her last night that she didn't want to go to sleep! (And Uncle Wa-Wa will be home in a few days - we can't wait to see him too!)

Mary Laine was so excited that I couldn't get her to sit still long enough for me to get a cute posed shot

Fame
I hope that you've all had a chance to see The Help. Didn't you just love the scene that I was in??? What?? You missed me?!? Well, thanks to modern technology, I can extend my 15 seconds of fame. Here is my grand Hollywood debut:


What was that? You still missed me? I guess I can help you out a little more:


Yes, that is me in the room behind the window in the house hidden by trees across the street from the scene that is taking place. How do I know that I was there during that moment? Well, I'm glad that you asked:

Unfortunately, I put my camera down during this exact shot, but this was one of the days that I was able to be around for the filming of the entire scene. I'm still a little confused as to why my name didn't appear in the credits, though!

No comments: