Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

What She Hears

When I woke Mary Laine up this morning, I told her that it was a "school" day (her Mothers' Morning Out program) and that she would get to see Ms. Doris and Ms. Thelma. When we got downstairs, she said that she wanted to watch Dora and Elmo. The only TV show that she's watched at our house is Sesame Street, but I know that they've watched Dora at MMO before, so I thought that she was anticipating getting to watch those shows when she got to "school". When she got in her chair for breakfast, she started throwing a fit and yelling that she wanted to watch TV - specifically Dora and Elmo. We usually don't watch TV while we eat (and have never had the TV on when she's eating breakfast), so I was very confused. Gary kept the kids last night while I went out, so I thought that maybe he had let her watch TV while they ate dinner (sorry Gary!). It was a struggle to convince her that we wouldn't be watching TV and very confusing for me - this battle was a first.

On the way to "school", I asked Mary Laine if she was excited to play with Ms. Doris and Ms. Thelma today, to which she mimicked "Excited to see Dora and Elmo today!". She thought that I was promising her TV time when I woke her up - of course she was frustrated with me. :-)

3 comments:

Aunt Kate (Uncle Jim had nothing to do with it and is absolved of all wrong doing) said...

I wouldn't say the she's never watched TV during breakfast. There's a chance it may have happened at the end of September once or twice...:)

Unknown said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA. It definitely ONLY happened once! AND I believe it was Uncle Jim who was watching her at the time....although I totally let it happen.

Sorry Gary and Kathryn (and ML!)

Gary said...

We are very displeased with this knowledge. You can bet that her father never lets her watch anything, especially sports when Mommy is not around.