Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blogs I Love

I have a few blogs that I want to share. These are blogs that I love love love to read:

Tim Challies is an author and blogger. This blog is a GREAT resource. Most of his posts are incredibly thought-provoking and interesting. He describes the blog as "commentary on the contemporary church and its interaction with the culture around us". Every morning he posts something called "A La Carte" with different links to articles, deals, blogs, videos, etc.

I actually found this blog because Tim Challies (above) posted a link to one of her blog posts. Missy, the author, is hilarious! She lives in Houston and I am convinced that we would be friends if our paths ever crossed. She is a mom of four children that are about four years apart. I love that she is very real and doesn't try to come across as being perfect. She writes about anything from funny personal stories to challenging issues. She is in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia and has brought me to tears as she has shared about that journey. I have actually linked to a few of her posts in the past. You are missing out if you don't check this one out!

My good friend Lizzie sent me the link to this blog about a year and a half ago. I was instantly drawn to this girl. Robin is a mom of three young girls and writes about the struggles of being a mom. I usually don't laugh out loud when I read things, but I do with many of her posts. And have been brought to tears from laughing so hard on a few occasions. A few months after I started reading her blog, Lizzie told me that her friend Robin was moving to Greenwood. My reaction: "ROBIN'S CHICKS, Robin?!?". Yes, Robin has since moved to my hometown and has become one of my dear friends (and her youngest daughter, Sadie, is one of Mary Laine's best buddies). She definitely provides some much needed comic relief on days when parenting young ones is a challenge.

There are other blogs that I love, but I just had to share these three. Oh, and in order to not disappoint the aunts, uncles, and grandparents, here are some pictures of my babies - and Langdon's first trip to the park:


1 comment: