Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

We Made It!!

Well, it's 4:00am and I've been up since 2:30 unable to sleep. I don't know if it's the huge dinner I had to eat last night (my nurse gave me permission - even encouraged me - to go out to eat since I would be stopping all meds and possibly go into labor tomorrow), the discomfort at being 8+ months pregnant, or the excitement that I am about to stop my last miserable, contraction-stopping medication. Whatever the reason, I am wide awake. Maybe my body is just preparing for those 2am feedings that are just around the corner.

And, to add to the excitement of stopping all meds, I hit another "milestone" in my pregnancy yesterday. My friend Stephanie gave birth to her sweet son, Yates, at 4:59pm yesterday. Stephanie is a high school friend who I have reconnected with during this pregnancy. Her daughter, Charlie Rogan, is only 3 weeks older than Mary Laine. Stephanie had a difficult pregnancy with Charlie Rogan and delivered her at 29 weeks. They had a very difficult journey with a long NICU stay. I am thankful to say that sweet Charlie Rogan is doing great today. Stephanie has been such a great support to me throughout this pregnancy as she has been going through many of the same things in her own pregnancy. And it looks like our sons will only be days or weeks apart in age as well. I knew that it would be so encouraging to see pictures of her with her healthy son post-delivery. Congratulations Stephanie and Robert!! Yates is adorable and we can't wait to get together for a playdate!!

On that note, I am off to take out my t-pump RIGHT NOW!!! I can't believe that I'm actually stopping the meds... I really never thought that this day would come. My doctor and nurses all believe that labor will start fairly soon after I'm off of everything. I hope they're right. It's been a very long last 11 weeks of bedrest and I'm ready for my son to be here! Hopefully the next post that you will see on here will be our hospital pictures with the baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good!!!! mom

stacy: the aunt with gum said...

Praying for you & that little baby boy to come into this world safely, healthy, and SOON :) Miss you guys!