Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Susanne Graduates

At the beginning of May, the kids and I headed with the rest of the fam to Auburn for Susanne's graduation. (Gary headed to Talladega. I would say that he'll post about that later, but I have a feeling that what happened in 'Dega will stay in 'Dega!) 

The night that we got there, Walker and I joined Susanne and her friend Taylor for trivia night at one of the bars. On the way there, I made sure to let everyone know that, unless the questions were about early childhood development, I probably wasn't going to be much help. The questions were really hard, but between the four of us, we actually managed to get them all right. I even contributed - who is the leader of Snow White's dwarves? (Okay, I know about more then early childhood development. I can also contribute in early childhood literature!) We tied with another team, so they had us come up to the front. Unprepared for a tie, the guy asking the questions said that he was going to send us on a scavenger hunt. He said that the first team to get a mom in a Braves hat onto the stage would win. Susanne grabbed the Braves hat off of some guy standing nearby and threw it on my head and I jumped (yes, literally jumped) onto the stage. I did have to deliver some proof that I was actually a mom (pictures on my phone). And we won! Turns out I wasn't quite as useless as I thought I'd be. We won Crown Royal t-shirts (my new favorite sleep shirt) and two entries into the raffle. They were raffling off four tickets to Talladega. And guess what? We won those too! We ended up selling them and making a nice little profit on the weekend. (Actually, my take covered Gary's stay at the hotel since they were hit with a monsoon that very night and got rained out of their camping plans.)



Don't put money on these two in a paper airplane throwing contest!

Winners!!

The next day we got to see Susanne graduate with honors. So so proud of her! And now she's off to grad school. The sky's the limit!!




One fun thing about Auburn is that they have buildings that are named after my family (okay, maybe not my family, but maybe they are... you never know!)

Susanne and Langdon in front of LANGDON Hall

Susanne with Mary Laine in front of MARY LANE Hall (but they accidentally misspelled the Laine)

Auburn was such a great chapter in Susanne's life, but now we must say that we are SO excited to have her back in the great state of Mississippi. We've already gotten to see more of her in the past few weeks than we did in the few years before that! And in a few years, she'll be a licensed counselor ready to take on this crazy family!

No comments: