Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Langdon Turns One


Langdon got to celebrate... and celebrate... and celebrate the big first birthday. His actual birthday was on a Wednesday, so we spent the day singing, playing, and eating.

4 weeks old

12 months old

Mary Laine insisted that I take her picture with the lamb too

Papa and Mimi came over for cupcakes that night.

He got a little help blowing out his candle

I'll confess that the icing on his face is mostly from us putting it there.
He seemed to like the cupcake, but wouldn't dig in.

Somebody was a little jealous of all of the attention that was being given to her brother - and all of the sugar from her cupcake wasn't helping matters.

The party continued when we had Langdon's party on Saturday. I'll admit that my first thought was to just have family over for cupcakes on Wednesday, but then I thought that I didn't want to skip the big to-do just because he's my second. Mary Laine's birthday was on a Sunday, so we had our Sunday school class over to celebrate. So, that's what I did for Langdon's party too - we invited our Sunday School class and a few close friends. Thankfully a couple of Langdon's buddies were able to make it (thanks Yates and Cole!), because the majority of our guests were older girls.

Langdon and Yates (who is two days older than Langdon).

Getting alot of attention from the older ladies

Since "dog" is practically the only thing that Langdon will say,
it seemed only fitting to make him a "dog" cake.



Since he didn't dig into his cake on his birthday, we thought that it may look more tempting if it was covered in cheerios. It didn't work.

Mary Laine, however, had no problems digging in. She crawled under the table to make sure that she could enjoy her cake undisturbed.

Langdon with one of his best buddies, Cole

I was a little sad that Langdon didn't seem to be very interested in the cake. A few days later, he was very hungry, so I decided to put a slice of the leftover cake in front of him to see what would happen. He gave me just what I wanted - cake on the face, in the hair - he couldn't get enough. So, here is the proof that he did devour his cake - eventually!


HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY SWEET BOY. WE LOVE YOU!!

No comments: