Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

March in Review

Well, since I have been so bad about updating the blog for the past month, I have alot of catching up to do. Here is a review of all that happened in the month of March. Of course, you saw the pictures of the snow that we got early in the month. Deacon loved getting to play in the snow (ok, we probably had as much fun as he did). My sister, Susanne, came and stayed with us since there was no snow at my parents house - it was so strange. All of the yards around theirs were covered in snow, and they didn't have a flake!

Gary's parents came down to visit us for Easter weekend. We took them out for a tour of the farm, had a cookout with some friends on Friday night (to watch MS State advance to the second round of the NCAA tournament), shopped, golfed, and ate, ate, ate! We loved getting to spend the weekend with them and were sad to see them go.

My best friend from high school, Laura, came to town for a wedding and I got to spend some time with her and her two boys, William and Wes. Even though Laura and I don't get to see each other that often, we always pick up right where we left off. Her boys are so adorable, and I even got an invitation from William to come and play with him in Tupelo. I plan to take him up on the offer very soon.

One night, we got together with our friends Lee, Amy, Trey, and Elizabeth to play Rock Band. This was my first experience with the game, and it was so much fun. I'm very sorry that I don't have any pictures (or better yet, a video) of this, because it was definitely a sight to see! I promise that I'll take pictures the next time that we rock out.

My cousin Lee and her husband Hyde were also in town for the wedding. They came over to meet Deacon. It was great catching up with them and hearing all about their adventures in Birmingham.

Planting season has started, so we definitely made the most of the free time that we had before Gary hit the fields. April has already gotten off to a great start. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

The O'Brien Family said...

Great post, Kathryn! I love the pictures from the basketball party! The pictures say everything....too bad we don't have any from Rock Band...b/c the pictures I am sure would say it all.

The Hensons said...

thanks for the catch up, but i'm beginning to believe that y'all didn't really go to italy!! :)

Shannon said...

i am demanding an updated post. come on, i did it - you can too!! and call me b/c i miss you like crazy.