Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Mary Laine!




I think that it's safe to say that Mary Laine is a fan of birthdays. This is the first year that she has really understood what is going on and has gotten excited about all of the celebration.

We got a pose on her last night as a 2 year old:

We started the day out with a big breakfast. She had strawberries and Rice Krispies (which you'll see later are two of her favorite foods) along with some of our homemade Christmas Cinnamon Rolls:

Then we opened some presents:


We went swimming with Aunt Su-Su:


We ate lunch at one of our new favorite spots:

We did each other's nails (pink and purple, of course!):



After naps and an afternoon of playing, we went to celebrate at the Japanese Steakhouse:


 And we ended the night watching a princess movie:


I know several people who ask their children the same questions on each of their birthdays and see how the answers change every year - great idea! So, I've combined two that I've seen. Here are Mary Laine's answers at the age of three. (For the first set, she focused mostly on things that were actually in the room that she could see):

I AM... Mary Laine
I WAS... beautiful
I HAVE... princess toys
I PLAY... in my tent
I WORRY... about Daddy
I KNOW... the tunnel
I WATCH... TV
I WANT... to eat
I CRAVE... strawberries
I USUALLY... play
I REMEMBER... Mama
I DISLIKE... bad things
I GO... swimming
I WENT... to play golf
I CAN... swing
I DON'T... know
I FEEL... sick
I DANCE... to "Scooby Dooby Doo"
I READ... books
I WRITE... notes
I BELIEVE... Mama
I AM SCARED... "I don't know"
I LISTEN... quietly
I WISH... "I don't know"
I LOVE... Mama
I AM HAPPY... when I play in the tent and the tunnel
I AM THANKFUL... for Mama

What is your favorite color? Pink and purple
What is your favorite toy? balls
What is your favorite fruit? strawberries
What is your favorite TV show? Signing Time, Toy Story, Dora and Super Why
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches
What is your favorite outfit? Pajamas
What is your favorite game? Tic-Tac-Toe
What is your favorite snack? Honey Bunny Grahams
What is your favorite animal? Giraffes
What is your favorite song? I've Been Working on the Railroad
What is your favorite book? Cinderella
Who is your best friend? Daddy
What is your favorite cereal? Rice Krispies
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play ball
What is your favorite drink? Orange Juice
What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Books and Baby "Mary Laine"
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Strawberries
What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Big Girl!

Some of these answers were definitely a surprise (and I think that I'd have gotten a different answer had I asked at another time), but these are the answers that came from her, so I'm going with them. It's hard to believe that it's been three years since this picture was taken:



Mary Laine, we love you more than you can know! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment: