Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Gary and I had a great Thanksgiving week with the Dyksterhouse side of the family in Charlotte. The whole family was there, which hasn't happened in longer than any of us can remember. We can't believe how old our nieces and nephew are getting and are really enjoying spending time with them. Gary got to play golf and basketball with our nephew, Jacob, and I had lots of fun coloring, having tea parties, and playing hair dresser with our nieces. Sorry I don't have pictures of my lovely hairdos. You'll just have to use your imagination. :-) I do have pictures of Gary and Chris with the older kids (poor Ainsley was sick that day), and of Emma dancing with her Uncle Gary. We really cherish our time with the whole family and were glad to have a few uninterrupted days with everybody.

On Friday, we drove from Charlotte to Nashville to cheer on the Deacs as they played Vanderbilt. Since my dad is a Vandy grad, we have a great family rivalry and all went to the game together. There was a great showing of Wake fans, but it was hard to tell which team everyone was pulling for since our colors are both black and gold. The Deacs pulled through to a 31-17 victory. Even though he was very sad about the loss, Dad was a very good sport. He even got up to dance during half time (I couldn't resist putting this picture in. Can you see me laughing at him in the background?)

1 comment:

DK Baria said...

hey, kathryn. nice to hear about your thanksgiving. also, thanks for checking in on my blog. think i am on my way now. dk